kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Yes I found that out thanks. Someone kindly made a new code but I am not familiar with macros so I had to pay someone to take me through it step by step with screenshots. This person added the extra code. However it didn't have the full stop. I had put a shortcut on word (as I had been directed to do). I just clicked this and I go exactly what I wanted. Unintentionally I think. It is now a number, full stop a space the same size as my indent in macro and the references are showned in blocked text.This is brilliant and what I preferred.
Thank you for your time. Others will benefit by knowing to add the extra code.
Cant post this as I get a message that the messge is too short.!! I hope this does it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
I see a new question hiding in your reply. :-)

If you are referring to the macro presented in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...scptfnotes.htm, note that it can
still be used in Word 2007 and 2010, with a minor adjustment, as follows: In
addition to the InsertFootnote sub, you must add a second sub called
InsertFootnoteNow, containing the same lines of code. (This applies to the
endnotes macro as well.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493829']I'm glad it worked for you. :-)

Indeed, wildcard searches are very powerful! If you want to learn more,
take
a look at
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Wow I looked at it - scary but a "must know" for anyone writing complex
or long douments. Handy for editing. I will certainly print it out. Well
done to all the contributors. I wish someone would write and up to date
code on how to change superscript in footnote into an ordinary size
number with a full stop and space. A permanent fix for normal template.
Also how to implement the code. The only one that exists is for a very
old version of Word and not applicable.
Lots of lovely screenshots would be good
many thanks for your time
.

--
kaye123