Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BigDogMurphy

Default How do you re-number lines if Office/Word?

What I am trying to do, is simply re-apply a tool that was available in Word
5 - the ability to re-number a list of songs.

EX. I play 60 songs a night, in four different sets (4 dfrnt lists). In
Word 5, all I had to do when changing the songs in the list, (adding or
lowering the quantity), or even simply cutting and pasting out-of-sequence
songs from one set to another, was to hi-light the songs on the page, hit
renumber in the tool box, and the list (page) was renumbered.

In Office, that doesn't work. The entire songlist, meaning every page is
renumbered. Some solutions offered herein are, for me, pretty complicated,
involving modifying headers and all that. I have no clue what that means,
and the directions affered, are kind of hard to follow.

I just want a simple way to renumber the song list(s) without having every
page renumbered. Is there a way to do that, short of reverting back to OS9
on my MAC to take advantage of this extremely simple function offered there?

michael