Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default How can I show characters instead of words? (Word 2007)

Customize QAT toolbar - right click and locate Word Count and place on QAT.

"Steven" wrote in message

In Word 2003 I was able to drag the word count bar onto the desktop or
place
it on the top toolbar. I was also able to choose whether I wanted to show
Words, Characters (with or without spaces), and Paragraphs etc.
I have noticed in Word 2007 that there is a word count down the bottom of
the screen. What I want to know is if I can change it to show the amount
of
characters instead of words like I could in Word 2003?
I am trialling Word 2007 at present.

--
Steve