The setting you're looking for is Tools | AutoCorrect | Capitalize first
letter of sentences. When you press Enter, you are starting a new paragraph,
and Word assumes that the beginning of a paragraph is the beginning of a
sentence. As Chuck says, you need to let Word wrap the lines for you. You
are losing a great deal of the functionality of a word processor if you
don't. When you allow word wrap, then your text will reflow automatically if
you add or delete some of it; otherwise, you'd have to go through and change
all your line breaks.

"Kenneth Epley" Kenneth wrote in message
news
In MS Outlook when I type to end of line and hit enter the program auto

caps
the next word. I do not want this to happan. In Auto Correct there is no
check box to disable this function. How can I stop this auto

capitalization
from occuring. It happens in both MS Word and MS Outlook.