Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Form field in conditional statement

See the example -
Repeat a block of formatted text and form fields based upon the content of
another form field
at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm
You may find http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm useful also.

wrote:
Sure thing. We create documents from a database and populate areas
of our documents via bookmarks. Well, what I hope to do is have a
bookmark populate, and if there's no data for populating then instead
create a form text field. This way, by protecting the document, the
user can easily navigate to the unpopulated fields and fill them out
manually.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Ernie,

No. Perhaps if you tell us what you're trying to achieve someone can
suggest a suitable approach.

--
Cheers
macropod

"
wrote in message
Can a form field be used as one of the outputs of a conditional
statement.

Example, if a certain field = y then type y, else insert form field.