Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BenS BenS is offline

Default Inserting a merge field in subject line of an email

Hi Doug,

I went to the article you wrote and this is exactly what I need as well -
attaching individual attachments to individual mail using mail merge.

However when I copied your script and tried to run it, it came up with a
message saying: 'Compile error: User-defined type not defined'.

I dont know programming so I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Could you
help me out with this?

Also how do i utilise this script to create a merge field in the subject
line of an email mail merge?

I'm currently running WinXP and office 2003

Thanks

Ben

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You cannot do it with email "out-of-the-box" It can however be done if you
make use of the Outlook Object Model and a technique similar to that in the
article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BenS" wrote in message
news
When creating a mail merge for emails, is it possible to insert a merge
field
in the subject line?