Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

Ask someone with a working Word 2007 to save the document as RTF and you can
open it in a variety of appliocations, including WordPad that comes free
with Windows.

Brian Coghlan wrote:
I think we all understand now that after 25 bypasses, the program
doesn't work unless you "buy it". The problem is, the program
doesn't tell you that you eventually have to register it (meaning you
are going to need a cd key). I, amongst many other people I presume,
have my resume in Microsoft Word 2007 and often open the document
just to copy it and then paste it on a website. I can no longer do
this.

Is there a way to copy this document? It lets me highlight it but not
copy. Very frustrating, its not like the program lets you know that
after you close it you can't touch anything or access anyhting you
have unless you spend money.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If your computer 'came with Word' then it almost certainly came with
a trial copy of Office and that trial has now expired. If you want
to continue to use this product you will now have to buy it. If you
paid extra for a retail copy of Office then the product key is on
the disc case. If you have paid extra for Office and you don't have
a disc, then take it up with the supplier of the PC. In the meantime
if you have an installed retail copy and it is not working, have you
activated it - Word Options Resources Actiivate?

heathere wrote:
I am having the same problems as you. My documents are locked, and
greyd out....my computer came with word, so i don't have a product
key, i don't know what to do? Someone please help me.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??