Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jacobite

Default how do I turn off restricted formatting?

I have recieved a document from a colleague and want to amend the formatting
- thing is, when I open the document many of the options on the toolbar are
'greyed out' i.e. underlining, numbering, bulleting e.t.c. When I right click
a piece of text and right click, in the menu that appears the options, paste,
font, paragraph, bullets and numbering are also greyed out.

When I select a piece of text and then select, say, the underlined tool - I
get a box saying 'The command is unavailable because the formatting in the
current document is restricted'?

Any ideas guys?

d.