Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Default Force chapter to start at odd-number page

That's what Odd Page section breaks are for.

Insert-Break-Odd Page

Dan

Leonard wrote:
I am writing my PhD thesis in Word 2007. I insert an page break at
the end of each chapter so that the next chapter start at the next
page. But I don't know how to set each chapter to start at odd-number
page as required by my institute. For example, if chapter 1 ends at
page 20, it's OK now because chapter 2 will start at page 21. However
if chapter 1 ends at page 19, chapter 2 now will start at page 20. I
want it to start at page 21 and a blank page is inserted after the
end of chapter 1, i.e. page 19. Any suggestions, thanks.