For the benefit of others having similar problems, I imagine the article you
found was http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ordedMacro.htm

"Jihrke" wrote in message

For anyone who runs across the same problem in the future, I did find an
article that explains what was happening, the macro recorder doesnt
include the code to change the font. After manually adding the lines
of code to change the font, this is the final product....

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
Text = ""
Replacement.Text = ""
Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Replacement.Font.Hidden = True
Forward = True
Wrap = wdFindContinue
Format = True
MatchCase = False
MatchWholeWord = False
MatchWildcards = False
MatchSoundsLike = False
MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

--
Jihrke