Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
virginia virginia is offline

Default Cannot delete document in Word 2007

Bob the first one sounds to me like I would delete all the documents and I
don't want to do that. I have a couple documents that I want to delete
permanently and definitely don't want them to come back. So I think I will
try the second one. Thank You so much

Also, thank you all to your replies.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Virginia,

Unfortuntately the deletion cursor used in prior versions that could take off entries didn't work right in Word 2007 and was
basically disabled by Microsoft.

At present the three basic ways to delete entries on the Recent document list in Word 2007 under the Office Button a

1. Reset the list size to zero in Word's Options
[File Button=Word Options] or (Alt, T, O, A)
and scroll down in the 'Advanced' settings to the 'Display'
category and change the
'Show this Number of Recent Documents'
setting to zero to remove all entries.

2. Delete the specific registry entry for that item either manually

Start=Run
Regedit
and navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT USER
Software
Microsoft
Office
12.0
Word
File MRU
locate the file name you want removed, right click on the
'Item #' and delete the particular file name then restart Word.
or do the above with a Word macro. [Unfortunately I don't recall seeing a macro similar to Word 2003's support.dot template form
driven macro for setting registry options, that would make this a bit simpler]

3. Wait/ignore that particular item until it drops off of the list as its replaced by a newer entry.

"Virginia" wrote in message ...
I do not want these documents to stay in the links. I want them deleted.
I am not using them anymore. I used Word Perfect for years and when you
decide you don't need a doument anymore you can delete it. Are you telling me that I can never delete any documents that they
willl stay there?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP