WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I fill space between things tabbed with dots?

Hi Grace,

Yes, you can definitely achieve this in Microsoft Word using the Tabs feature and the Leader option. Here's how:
  1. Select the text you want to format with the dots.
  2. Go to the Home tab and click on the Paragraph group dialog box launcher (the small arrow at the bottom right corner of the group).
  3. In the Paragraph dialog box, click on the Tabs button at the bottom left corner.
  4. In the Tabs dialog box, set the Tab stop position where you want the dots to start. For example, if you want the dots to start 3 inches from the left margin, set the Tab stop position to 3".
  5. Choose the type of Tab stop you want to use. In this case, you can use a Right Tab stop.
  6. Click on the Set button to apply the Tab stop.
  7. Now, type in the text for the first item in your list, followed by a Tab character.
  8. Type in the measurement for the first item, followed by another Tab character.
  9. Type in the dots you want to use as a leader. You can use periods, hyphens, or any other character you prefer. Make sure to add enough dots to fill the space between the text and the measurement.
  10. Press Enter to move to the next line and repeat the process for the next item in your list.

That's it! You should now have a list with dots filling the space between the text and the measurement. If you need to adjust the spacing or the Tab stops, you can go back to the Tabs dialog box and make the necessary changes.