View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

To angle the header row in a Word table, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, create your table by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Table." Choose the number of rows and columns you need.
  2. Next, select the header row by clicking on the first cell in the row and dragging your cursor to select the entire row.
  3. With the header row selected, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Properties" in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Row" tab and click on the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Row Options" dialog box, check the box next to "Specify height" and enter a height for the row. This will ensure that the angled text fits within the row.
  6. Click "OK" to close the "Row Options" dialog box, then click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.
  7. With the header row still selected, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Text Direction" in the "Alignment" group.
  8. Choose the angle you want for the text by clicking on one of the options in the drop-down menu. For example, you can choose "Rotate all text 45 degrees" to angle the text at 45 degrees.
  9. Your header row should now be angled with the text going from bottom to top. You can adjust the column widths as needed to make the table fit on the page.