Peter Jamieson

"Fields" include Merge fields and Form fields. Form fields and Merge fields
are typically used for different purposes. Generaly speaking, it is probably
a good idea to populate Merge fields by setting up and executing a mail
merge (and letting Word fill in the values of each field).

If the documents that have been given to you were designed to be used in a
particular way, it may not be a straightforward process to adapt them so
that they can be used with mailmerge, or any other form of document
automation. It may help if you can provide some more details about what you
are trying to do,

Peter Jamieson

"ben" wrote in message
I have several documents that have merge fields identified. I am not able
populate the forms using mail merge, I need to populate programatically
via
VB.NET. I noticed the Word.Document.Fields.count matches the number of
merge
fields in the document while Word.Document.FormFields.count = 0. Can
someone
point me in the correct direction on populating a merge field
programatically