Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default full screen reading - even numbered page on left side

On Sep 7, 3:37*am, bucky3 wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:11*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

The even numbered pages can never be on the right of a two-page
spread. If you want what are now odd pages to be temporarily numbered
as even pages, you can number the first page 0.

I think you meant "even numbered pages can never be on the LEFT of a
two-page spread". Too bad. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this in
Word 2003 with the keyboard shortcut.

No, even numbers can never be on the right-hand side. Open any book at
all.

That solution is not ideal because what I do is page down in reading
layout, then when I need to, I want to put a page on the left side
(without changing the numbering).

Then you need to insert a blank (but numbered) page ahead of it and
let the numbering change. An odd-numbered page can never appear on the
left side of a spread.

Unless you're talking about one-sided printing, in which case the
entire left-right business is moot.