Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default full screen reading - even numbered page on left side

You're confusing reality with Word's display. "bucky3" is describing the
display in Full Screen Reading view, which in fact does not show "pages" at
all, but merely "screens" numbered from 1 even if the pagination starts at
zero (it is not WYSIWYG, either). This is immutable.

It is, however, possible to see a facing-pages spread in Print Preview by
enabling either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even."

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
On Sep 7, 3:37 am, bucky3 wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:11 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

The even numbered pages can never be on the right of a two-page
spread. If you want what are now odd pages to be temporarily numbered
as even pages, you can number the first page 0.

I think you meant "even numbered pages can never be on the LEFT of a
two-page spread". Too bad. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this in
Word 2003 with the keyboard shortcut.

No, even numbers can never be on the right-hand side. Open any book at
all.

That solution is not ideal because what I do is page down in reading
layout, then when I need to, I want to put a page on the left side
(without changing the numbering).

Then you need to insert a blank (but numbered) page ahead of it and
let the numbering change. An odd-numbered page can never appear on the
left side of a spread.

Unless you're talking about one-sided printing, in which case the
entire left-right business is moot.