WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert geometric symbols like arc AB in document

Hi Suren,

To insert geometric symbols like arc AB in your document, you can use the following steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. Choose "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" tab, choose "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  5. Scroll down until you find the symbol you want to insert, such as the arc symbol.
  6. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

If you need to use this symbol frequently, you can also create a shortcut key or AutoCorrect entry for it. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on "AutoCorrect Options" in the "AutoCorrect options" section.
  5. In the "Replace" field, type a shortcut key or abbreviation for the symbol, such as "arcAB".
  6. In the "With" field, type the symbol you want to insert, such as the arc symbol.
  7. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.

Now, whenever you type the shortcut key or abbreviation you created, Word will automatically replace it with the corresponding symbol.