You might see if the problem is the one described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"crysalian" wrote in message
Yes, the left alignment is set and the indentation is set at 0.5 but after
editing, I hav found that it has changed by two or three spaces. I do

press
enter but only at the end of a paragraph, using the word wrap feature.

There
are no spaces at the beginning of the lines. I have tried resetting the
indentations by using the formatting toolbar but it still tends to pop

back
to where "it" wants to be and I don't understand what I could have done
wrong. thanks for any help you can give

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have the paragraph set to Left alignment and not Center? Are you
pressing Enter at the end of each line? Are there spaces at the

beginnings
of lines? Displaying nonprinting characters will help you sort out these
details. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"crysalian" wrote in message
news
Why does my paragraph indentation keep changing? I have checked and

it is
set correctly but it keeps changing any way...a space or two either

way.
Also....my auto correct periodically wants me to capitalize the first

word
of
each line even though it is not a new sentence.

thanks