I think you didn't get an answer because most users are not familiar with
tables of authorities at all (I know I'm not). And the users who *are*
familiar with tables of authorities would be more likely to hang out in
word.formatting.longdocs rather than here (since a table of authorities is
not the sort of table this NG is devoted to). The "Field codes: TOA (Table
of Authorities) field" Help topic does not list a switch to suppress page
numbers, so it's likely that this *isn't* possible.

The only Web article I know of that addresses TOAs is
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/glossary/glossary.html. This article does
offer a workaround for omitting page numbers in the section "Move the page
numbers out of sight."

"keith" wrote in message
Hello,
It has been two days now, and unfortunately there is no reply to the
question about a problem with the Table of Authorities in Word. This

seems
to suggest that either there is no solution to the problem, or that the
author (me) did not phrase it correctly. I appreciate those who may have
looked at it, and have thought about the question. I suggest that if (as

suspect) that the Table of Authorities system is unable to create a table
without page numbers, that Microsoft might please consider making it

possible
to not-show page numbers. With page numbers as an option, the user could

use
the Table of Authorities functionality to meet the requirements of

hundreds
of scholarly journals that require American Psychological Association
formatting. If I am am incorrect, and if the Table of Authorities can be
presented without page numbers, then I welcome any suggestions on how to
accomplish the task.
thank you.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.