gz

Thank you for the explanation. I do have local printer installed on this
machine but did not set it as default. I now set it as default and see if it
still has this problem or not. I hope MS change this in the future, only
when needed then check the printer's existing.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Do you have a printer driver installed locally on your computer? This
sounds
like a network printer problem to me. If you only have a network printer,
try installing the printer locally: it doesn't matter that you don't have
local printer - only that Word 'think' you have one and can see the local
printer driver.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"gz" wrote in message
: Hi, I used to use Word 2000, and recently, I frequently got "Server
busy"
: warning when open a dialog such as modify format,print or insert symbol.
: tried a lot to eliminate this problem by uninstall and reinstall Office
even
: clear my computer by reinstall the system, but this still frequently
: happening.
: When it happening, a message to ask "switch to" or "cancel", but no
matter
: what to chose, it just takes time and I cannot use the dialog.
: For this reason, I uninstalled the Office 2000 and installed Office
2003,
: but today this happened again when I tried to insert a symbol.
:
: This just happen in less than one year, before this, I never find Word
2000
: has the problem.
:
: Anyone has the same experience? and any solution for sharing?
:
: Thanks!
:
: