Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trainer Trainer is offline

Default Numbering and Multi-level lists in Word 07: Improved?

I could also use halp on numbering and outline. This webpage does not
discuss Word 2007. It is only for former versions. I hope there be an
update for Word 2007.
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

While a lot of people may report that, it is probably because they do not
go about it the right way. See the information orginally posted by fellow
MVP Shauna Kelly below.

For information about how to set up the numbering, see:
How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft
Word
document
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

If you create a template to hold your numbering scheme, you can use that
template as the basis for new documents (using File New) and the new
documents will then inherit your numbering scheme. To do that, see:

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"djprius" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the Numbering and Multi-level (Outline) Lists has
been improved in Word 07. Most people report that these functions in
Word 03 and its predecessors are complicated and unreliable.

David