Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I insert the caret mark over a letter?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:17:01 -0800, Kay wrote:

I need to put the caret mark over the e in Renee. How do I do that?

You don't want a caret (which is the ^ symbol), you want an acute accent as in
Renée. There are several ways to enter the single character é :

- Hold down the Alt key while you type 0233 on the number pad (with NumLock on).
This works in all Windows programs; the others work only in Word.

- Press the Ctrl key and the apostrophe together, release them, and type the e

- Type the code e9 and then press Alt+X

- Use the Insert Symbol dialog

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm for more.

--