Although it's true, as Jezebel and JoAnn have pointed out, that this
character can be found in the Symbol font, it's also in most basic ASCII and
Unicode fonts, at glyph 00F7 (ASCII 0247). You can insert it by pressing
Alt+0247 (you must use the number keys on the numeric keypad) or, in Word
2002 or 2003, by typing 00F7 and pressing Alt+X.

"superjen" wrote in message
my mum is a primary school teacher.. she wants to use microsoft word to
create a list of simple sums for her class... like ' 16 shared by 4=

four'
. but we can't find a mathematical divide symbol, even in 'symbols'.....

only
these ones are close, and they appear on the keyboard anyway!.....
we need one of the standard ones with the horizontal stripe and a dot both
top and bottom....
any help would be really greatfully received... something easy would also

be
good as she's not very computer literate!
thanks! :-)