Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
xppuser

Default breaking table without breaking table

Thank you all for your advice!

Luc and Suzanne came up with a solution, which when applied a small black
dot appeared on the left most margin (ala if you changed your heading style
for example). I have reveal codes and document map switched on as a matter of
habit. The appearance of this dot suggests (rightly or wrongly) to me that
some kind of styling changes was made by using Luc/Suzanne's suggestion. I am
writing a document at the moment and my fear (and it is fear) is I don't
know/understand what implication this change has when I generate my document
at the end of my work (there are other long tables elsewhere in the document)
some months from now. At first glance it seems not to have made styling
changes but I don't know.

Tony's solution achieve the desired result too but without introducing this
black dot.

So for now I am adopting Tony's solution but I would appreciate input from
any/all of you regarding my comments above. Needless to say I am grateful for
all of your advices. I wanted to close the thread by marking 'this post
answer the question' but I do hope to hear responses in the next couple of
days if nothing else, for my own education. Otherwise or regardless, I will
return to close the thread and check the Yes for Did this post answer the
question?

Thank you again,
jes

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Why not just set all rows in the table to not be allowed to break across
pages? Select the table and go to Table Table Properties Rows and
uncheck the box)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can use the "Page break before" setting in a table row without

breaking
the table.

so
all may benefit.

"xppuser" wrote in message
dear newsgroup,

i have a table that spanned 5 (a4 - landscape) pages long. what i want

is
for the last complete row of the table able to be displayed without

being
truncated on to the next page to be displayed on the page and for the

next
row to be displayed in its entirety on the following new page, without
breaking the table i.e. so i don't lose columns/rows/tables

manipulations
functionalities. anyone has suggestions on how this can be achieved?

thank
you.

os: wxp pro sp2; office: office 2003.

regards,