Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rob in contracts

Default how to delete a old index entry?

Hello,I have the same issue of all the index entries showing after major
edits to the document. I tried this fix but it found no instances of ^19 XE.
When I look at the index ientries n the doc each is preceded by {.XE."text".}
(where the . is actually centered on the line). Text that was deleted from
the doc still shows up with the hidden text turned on. Is there a way to
delete all the old index entries and then remark them?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can delete the Index field itself just by selecting it and deleting it.
I suspect what you're looking for is a way to delete all the XE fields from
which the index is generated. To do this, display Hidden text (so that you
can see the XE fields); Word probably does this automatically when you open
the document. Then use Find and Replace as follows:

1. In the "Find what" box, type

^19 XE

2. Leave the "Replace with" box empty.

3. Replace All.

This will find, select, and delete all XE fields.

"wilson" wrote in message
I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when I

try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all the
file of the old index entry?