Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Double sided merge & duplex print

Execute each merge to a new document, save (I would call one "front" and the
other "back") and close each one, then run the macro and it will ask you to
open each one in turn.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Karen Jernigan" wrote in message
Thanks, Doug! From where do I begin this process?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The following code was put together for someone who wanted to compile a
document by taking alternate pages from separate files. If you were to
execute two separate mail merges to individual documents, you could use
this
code to then combine them into one.

Dim sourcea As Document, sourceb As Document, target As Document,
Pages
As Integer, Counter As Integer, targetrange As Range 'targetrange added

Dim evenpage As Range

Set sourcea = Documents.Open(FileName:="...")

sourcea.Repaginate

Pages = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yPages)

MsgBox Pages

Set sourceb = Documents.Open(FileName:="...")

Set target = Documents.Add

target.PageSetup.LeftMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.LeftMargin

target.PageSetup.RightMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.RightMargin

target.PageSetup.TopMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.TopMargin

target.PageSetup.BottomMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.BottomMargin

target.AcceptAllRevisions

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

sourcea.Activate

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Copy

Set targetrange = target.Range

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.Paste

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Cut

sourceb.Activate 'Assumed to be the document containing the even
pages

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory 'Line of code added to start from
the
end of the document

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Copy

Set targetrange = target.Range

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.Paste

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak

Set evenpage = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range

evenpage.Start = evenpage.Start - 1

evenpage.Delete

Counter = Counter + 1

Wend

sourcea.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

sourceb.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Karen Jernigan" wrote in
message
I've been searching for hours and can't figure this out!

I need to layout two unique 4x6 postcards on an 8.5x11 sheet with
different
text on the backside. Side 1 has a return address and the recipient
address.
Side 2 has dear recipient first name and one or two unique merge fields
along
with non-merged text and an image. I'm merging from Excel and each
record
is
on a single line. The final merged doc needs to be page 1 - the first
two
postcards, page 2 - the back side of the first two postcards, page 3 -
the
third and fourth postcards, page 4 - the back side of the third and
fourth
postcards, etc. I can't get side 2 to populate from Excel. I thought
about
just making two docs and print side one then side two on the backside,
but
need to duplex the print job so I can't.

Thanks for the help!
kj