Ant

Default How do I remove US english from the spell check?

Please tell me how to remove the US English settings then. Is it a registry
key change?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Of course you can. My PC is set up for UK English and I have no US English
set up in the regional settings.

Ant wrote:
Graham,
For other languages you are right, but for English English for
England this is not correct. You can not remove the US English for
America setting. Antony
PS I would dearly love this bug to be fixed.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The default language for Word is that set in Windows regional
settings. Word will only spell check using the language defined for
the text - see tools language set language (set to UK English or
whatever) and uncheck the box 'Detect language automatically'.

jeamsu wrote:
I wish to remove the us english settings from my MS word, so that if
I type say 'color' by mistake that it will not accept it as a
correct word. It should give me 'colour' as the correct spelling.