Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronald Roberts

Default write protection

Djtipp wrote:
I am trying to transfer Word docs (Win 98)from floppy discs to a flash drive
to I can install on a newer 'puter. I keep getting a message when I try to
copy or send the docs to the drive that they are "write protected". The
little thing on the disc itself is in the unlocked position. Help!

If I understand correctly, the write protected message is for the flash
drive, not the floppy. Check the properties for the flash drive or, if
the flash drive is empty, see if you can reformat it.

Ron