Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoPete99 MoPete99 is offline

Default Header and Footer

I received comprehensive instructions from a community member in this NG
about using a macro to activate the H&F toolbar. However, when I entered the
command in the immediate window of vba, a run-time "automation" error
occurred. So I am still stuck. Thanks for you responses.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Someone recently posted a macro (probably in this NG) for making the Header
and Footer toolbar come out of hiding.

"MoPete99" wrote in message
Suzanne,

My problem is that the Header and Footer on the view menu is not visible
when I activate it. The only thing that happens is the page where I want

activate the H&F "jumps", but no H&F box or toolbar is visible. I am

baffled
at why Word refuses to activate the H&F command.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand exactly where your confusion arises, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MoPete99" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2003, when I activate the header and footer boxes from

the
view
menu, they are only visible when the plicrow (paragraph symbol) is
engaged.
The symbol also is listed in the header and footer boxes and I can't
eliminate it. All I'm trying to do is to insert page numbers in the

footer
of
a document after one section break. Any assistance with this issue is
greatly
appreciated.