Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoPete99 MoPete99 is offline

Default Header and Footer

That correct Suzanne.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you have nonprinting characters not displayed and use View | Header and
Footer to open the header pane, the H&F toolbar is not displayed?

"MoPete99" wrote in message
Hi Charles,

I have isolated that my word document is corrupt in at least one paragraph
mark (pilcrow). When I show paragraph marks in the document, there is one

at
the very top and bottom left of each page, which is dim. Page numbers also
are listed at the bottom of each page. Moreover, if I click on the

pilcrow
at the top or bottom of a page, the header and footer toolbar will pop up
along with the boxes. Yet when I hide the pilcrow, the header and footer
toolbar and boxes will not activate. Any suggestions on how to fix a

corrupt
document?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

If the header and footer boxes, themselves, don't display, you may have

corrupt document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MoPete99" wrote in message
I received comprehensive instructions from a community member in this

NG
about using a macro to activate the H&F toolbar. However, when I

entered
the
command in the immediate window of vba, a run-time "automation" error
occurred. So I am still stuck. Thanks for you responses.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Someone recently posted a macro (probably in this NG) for making the
Header
and Footer toolbar come out of hiding.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"MoPete99" wrote in message
Suzanne,

My problem is that the Header and Footer on the view menu is not
visible
when I activate it. The only thing that happens is the page where

want
activate the H&F "jumps", but no H&F box or toolbar is visible. I

am
baffled
at why Word refuses to activate the H&F command.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand exactly where your confusion arises,

but
see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MoPete99" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2003, when I activate the header and footer boxes
from
the
view
menu, they are only visible when the plicrow (paragraph symbol)

is
engaged.
The symbol also is listed in the header and footer boxes and I
can't
eliminate it. All I'm trying to do is to insert page numbers in

the
footer
of
a document after one section break. Any assistance with this

issue
is
greatly
appreciated.