Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Default Converet plain text to table

then, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" climbed to the rostrum and said:
I would start by using wildcards to replace any number of spaces with a tab,

And what is the expression for this, please?
I've tried " {2,}" (no quotes - starting empty space) and Word (2007) warns
me that the expression is not valid.

then use Table | Convert | Table to Text, separating at tabs. If the Replace
operation results in multiple tabs between elements, replace those with a
single tab before converting.

Once again, what is the expression for "multiple tabs"?
I've tried "^t{2,}" (no quotes) with the same as above results...

Thank you very much