Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Default Converet plain text to table

then, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" climbed to the rostrum and said:
I would actually start by searching for 13 spaces. When all these have been
converted to tabs, search for 12 spaces, and so on. This should require only
a dozen passes.

even so, WILDCARDS DON'T WORK...

(Sorry for I'm yelling, but I'm really mad right now!)

Following your suggestion I made these replacements:

Replace all spaces/tabs occurrences with the string "zzz" (no quotes).
So, I finally end up with something like this:

1. [name] [surname]zzzzzzzzzzzz[time]
2. [other name] [other surname]zzz[time]
3. [and so on]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[time]

Then, I tried to replace z{3,} with ^t (and yes, the "use wildcards" was
checked*)...
Guess what?
The same ugly "invalid expression" message box!

The solution:
- Give up (or should I say through away?) Word and use UltraEdit Text Editor
instead!