Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default outline view

Hi smk23

smk23 wrote:
I have a document that I prefer to view in the Outline view. WHen I save the
document, I save and close it with just the main headers showing. When I
reopen the document, the entire document is open, not just the headers
showing. I have looked for some way to control this to no avail. I want to
open it just the way I closed it. How to?

I'm afraid there's no out-of-the-box method to do what you ask for. IOW,
the H&F view is one of the few you cannot preserve like that.

You can of course create an AutoOpen-Macro which simply switches to that
view. But before going that route, tell us why you want the document to
open in the header first (maybe there's a good alternative to what you
are asking that does not need any code-based automation at all).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS