Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anon k

Default Need Help From Word Experts

Charles Kenyon wrote:
I haven't experimented with Adobe. Adobe is known for not being well behaved
when using with Word.

I've had no problem at all from Distiller when making pdfs from Word,
including extensive graphics and footnotes. The pdfs are unnecessarily
large, however, especially when graphics are involved. The same
document treated with LaTeX - dvips - pdf can comes out as much as two
thirds smaller. I suspect that this is at least partly because I use
eps graphics in LaTeX but png in most other software (including Word).