Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayan jayan is offline

Default "Add to dictionary" disabled...

Thanks a lot.
I am now able to activate my "add to dictionary" option.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U3VqZXNo?=,

Checked the custom dictionaries. I have got only one custom dictionary
"custom.dic" and that too is selected.

Not sure abt the "All languages" that you have mentioned. Pls elaborate on
the same.

In Word 2003, if you view the list of custom dictionaries, they are usually
divided into languages. roughly, it looks like this

English (UK)
MyCustomUK.dic
English (US)
custom.dic
German (German)
customDE.dic
All Languages
custom.dic

But if you haven't defined dics for multiple languages then you won't see the
languages, just a list (as apparently is the case for you).

In this case, make sure your custom.dic is selected, then click "Modify" (or
whatever). At the bottom of the dialog box there's a drop-downlist. Is this
set to "All languages" or to a specific language?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org