Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mairsa mairsa is offline

Default IncludeText - How to keep paragraph format of the source document

I'm trying to use the Includetext fieldcode to insert a bookmarked table from
document A into document B using Word 2007. I have tried both with and
without the /*Mergeformat switch.

The problem is that while the table and font format are preserved, the line
and paragraph spacing settings are not, and neither are the custom styles I'm
using. The text in the table is defaulting to Normal style with 1.15pt
linespace and 10pt after each paragraph.

Because the table in document A is quite big (48 pages!) and the text in it
has different line and paragraph spacing (depending on the contents of the
cells) I can't use mergeformat and reformat document B manually.

Any ideas? I'll be relieved if there is a relatively easy way to solve this
problem. I tried to write a macro too, but my vb skills are almost
non-existent!

Thanks in advance,