Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Why do Paragraph:Format changes have no effect in table cells?

Does the cell contain graphics? This can make a difference.

"Steve_Ray" wrote in message
When I try to vertically reposition text in table cells (WORD 2003) by
adding
'space above' &/or 'space below' from the Format:Paragraph dialog box, it
usually has no effect.

The same problem occurs in a slightly different way when I try to
horizontally center text in a table cell that's been repositioned as
'vertical text' (via 'Text Direction'). That is, text in some cells
centers
normally. In others, the text positions almost on top of the left border
line (even though the cell's justification is set to 'center'). When I
try
to 'force' it to be centered by adding 'space above' (again from the
Format:Paragraph dialog box), nothing happens.

Why do these Paragraph:Format changes have no effect?

Thanks.