Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Font size in Indexes

The formatting of index entries is determined by the Index 1, Index 2, etc.,
style; like a TOC, however, an index will pick up direct font formatting, so
make sure that any direct formatting applied to the text on which the entry
is based is removed from the XE field itself.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
This is most frustrating. I have marked several entries and have a nice
functional index, however one heading (marked as the main entry) insists

on
being a much larger font. I cannot, for the life of me, understand what I
have done differently. Can anyone explain this? Thank you. Connie