Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Find and replace with soft return

Thanks. That did it. For some reason when I selected the Manual Line Break
it did not put the caret in (it just put in the l, so when I replaced, it
just put in the l, which wasn't what I needed) and I was not clever enough to
realize that I should just put it in myself.

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Scott -

Press CTRL+F to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
In the Find What box, type in ^p - or you can click on the More button
and then click the Special button and locate Paragraph Mark.
Click the Replace tab
In the Replace With box and type in ^l (that's a small L) - or you can
click the Special button and locate Manual Line Break

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"scott" wrote in message
:

I want to find and replace hard returns with soft returns. Is that possible
and how?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/26/2007 12:12 PM