Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Find and replace with soft return

So you *did* want to replace with manual line breaks. Good call, Dawn. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"scott" wrote in message
Thanks. That did it. For some reason when I selected the Manual Line
Break
it did not put the caret in (it just put in the l, so when I replaced, it
just put in the l, which wasn't what I needed) and I was not clever enough
realize that I should just put it in myself.

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Scott -

Press CTRL+F to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
In the Find What box, type in ^p - or you can click on the More button
and then click the Special button and locate Paragraph Mark.
Click the Replace tab
In the Replace With box and type in ^l (that's a small L) - or you can
click the Special button and locate Manual Line Break

"scott" wrote in message
:

I want to find and replace hard returns with soft returns. Is that
possible
and how?