Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Two related questions concerning newsletter format

No, I did not mean equal column widths. I was hoping for column settings
such as I used in WordPerfect where I could use Parallel or Balanced
Newspaper columns only when I wanted the columns to span the page even if I
did not have a full page of text. That is what Word seems to use. If I do
not want the three columns to span a page when only a small amount of text
flows to the last page, I could use Newspaper columns. That setting permits
one column to "end" without forcing it into three columns. It looks like I
will need to use tables, but it's going to be difficult because I am
modifying a formatted newsletter that has gone through several generations
(and untold numbers of people using it).

MaryL

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Yes; snaking columns as in a Newspaper or fixed as in a table. Though you
can use Text Boxes and have text flow from box to box.

By balanced columns, do you mean equal column widths? In which case, No.
If you look at the Insert Columns dialog box, you can set up columns with
unequal width or space as you want.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It's a border - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

That was it. The border (what I called a graphic line) is gone. Thanks!
Now, I'll have to try the borderless table, as you suggested. I do need
to be able to insert photos with borders around them, though. Does Word
only have the one type of columns, with columns always flowing across the
page and balanced?

Thanks for the help.
MaryL