If you open the file using the Recover Text from Any File setting (in the
File Open dialog), you will see a list of fonts at the end. Be careful not
to save in this format, and if you have Word 97 or 2000, be sure to change
the file type back before opening another document.

"Ken Benson" wrote in message
Is there a way to find out which fonts are used in a particular document?

get a lot of Word files to be published on CD, and I need to make them as
generic as possible. I know how to make Word show me missing fonts
(Tools|Options|Compatibility|Substituted Fonts), but I don't know how to
make it show me fonts used (unless I uninstall all my fonts :^)).

Ken Benson