Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frustrated from Oz Frustrated from Oz is offline

Default Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout vie

It would be good to understand if and how you fixed this as I have the same
problem. thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can send the document to me by email, and I'll take a look.

http://word.mvps.org

"doiesile" wrote in message
Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been no
tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I've wrapped and
unwrapped the table a few times already. I didn't know about your last
point
but I've since checked and it is still unwrapped.

I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
itself..

Thanks for trying Suzanne, I'll have to find another solution for my
table.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that
the
document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track
Changes
Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table
tab
of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done
during
this exercise), it becomes wrapped.

http://word.mvps.org

"doiesile" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne but it hasn't worked. It has centered the table within
the
margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third
of
the
way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the
same
area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the
left
and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still
disappears.

When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right
alignment,
visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
(whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the
table
border is not visible, mid column.

I hope what I'm saying makes written sense, it certainly doesn't make
logical sense to me!

If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I've got to fill
this
table to be able to tender to win some work!.

Thanks so much.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.

http://word.mvps.org

"doiesile" wrote in message
news I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and
decided
needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to
landscape.
As
added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges
disappear
as
well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout
view
they
are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts
them
off.

I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but
the
same
thing happens can't see the right edge.

I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've
fiddled
about
with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.

It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!

.

.

.