Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge and Graphic Insertion in OL/Word

It is clearly stated in the linked article
However a graphic contained in the original page has not reproduced. I have
now reinserted the image and hopefully the link should now be even clearer?
It is uploading now.

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, Graham!
You wrote on Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:57:48 +0300:

Thanks on both counts. I think I was missing the update (F9) part and
should have known better. Working now.

Thanks again,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Assuming the picture is named according to the content of the
last_name field eg Smith and is stored in the folder O:\TEMP, then
for Smith.jpg, the syntax that is required is:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\TEMP\\{Mergefield "Last_Name"}.JPG"}
or
{INCLUDEPICTURE "O:/TEMP/{Mergefield "Last_Name"}.JPG"}

The quotes around Last_Name are optional.

You must merge to a new document then select all (CTRL+A) and update
(F9) of use the update macro at

Please do not post attachments, only those of us who access via NNTP
will even have the opportunity to see them and that is severely
discouraged in text based news groups. If you want to reproduce field
constructions in a message, use the macro at

http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm