Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default there is no sort function for a table in my Works Word 8.5

Most of the folks here are familiar with Word, and can help you with Word
issues. If you're using Works, however, that's a different matter.

If you're really using Word--and not Works--then it's possible that you
accidentally removed Sort from the menu.

If so, then you can choose Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab. Click on Menu
Bar, then click Reset. Confirm resetting the menu, then click Close.

If you're using Works, then I would suspect that sort's absence is a
different issue.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"JudyBettinsoli" wrote in message
Don't tell me to select "SORT" because I can't find a "sort" selection
anywhere. This is my problem. I click every action and check for "sort"
in
every drop down. I just bought a new Dell laptop with the software
installed.
On my old laptop using Word I had "sort" available under "Table" and I'm
familiar how to use it but it is NOT available option on my new laptop.