Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 and PDF Bookmarks

When you choose Office - Save as - PDF or XPS... Save as type: PDF... click
on the Options button in the lower part of the Publish as PDF or XPS dialog.
Is Create bookmarks using: enabled?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"reneec" wrote in message
I just upgraded Office 2003 to 2007 and was using Adobe Acrobat
Professional
7.0 to create PDFs. I downloaded the pdf add-in from the Microsoft
website,
but when I create a PDF, the bookmarks don't have the header numbers. The
good thing is the headers are generated, which some PDF Makers don't do.
My
word document contains headers 1, 2 & 3 throughout and has an auto
generated
TOC. When I used to use Adobe, it would list the headers with the numbers
before them in the bookmarks.

Is there a way to do this with the PDF add-in from Microsoft? If not,
does
anyone know of a free PDF maker that can do this? My company does not
want
to pay to upgrade to the newest Acrobat Profressional, which does this.

Thanks so much.