Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
zzz zzz is offline

Default Vertical line for a legal form.

Double clicking in the header region of the page opened access to the margin
numbers where I deleted them. Problem solved, thank you Jay.

I finally found Page Borders under the Page Layout tab, and that worked very
well also. Thank you Suzanne for the helpful education.

_______________________________

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For the lines, you may also be able to use a Page Border; when you use just
a left and/or right border (as opposed to a box), it goes from top to bottom
of the page. Of course, you still run into the same placement issues you get
with all page borders (you may have to set it "From text" rather than "From
edge of page").

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
At the moment I'm away from my PC that has Word 2007 so I can't check,

but
pleadings in previous versions had the line numbers in a text box that's
anchored in the header, and lines (from the drawing tools) also anchored

in
the header. (See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm for
an explanation.) I'm pretty sure 2007 still works the same way.

So to remove these items, double-click in the header area to open it for
editing. Then select the text box (should appear as a dashed outline

around
the numbers) and press Delete; and select the line and press Delete.
Double-click in the main text to close the header area.

To create a line in your own templates and documents, open the header area
and then draw a line down the margin. In 2007, if the header area hasn't
been used yet, double-clicking won't work to open it; you have to click
Header on the Insert ribbon, then click Edit Header at the bottom of the
dropdown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

zzz wrote:
Vertical line for a legal form.

In Word 2007 I downloaded a simple form: "Pleading Form with 25
lines". Which has line numbers and a vertical line on the left and
one vertical line on the right side.

Now if I could figure out how to create the vertical lines I wouldn't
need the form. Boarders don't create vertical lines, they just draw
short segments for each line typed. What good is that?

However now that I down loaded the Legal form I can't get rid of the
line numbering that comes with it on the left, because it doesn't
align with the actual text lines I type. Since the Line Numbering
feature actually works, and aligns with the text, I could use that
feature.

. So how do I get rid of the forms line numbering, since Word 2007
controls won't do it?

. And how do I draw vertical lines in Word 2007, from top to bottom,
as on a Legal Pleading form? Since Page Borders won't do it. It
just draws short incremental vertical lines for each line typed.

Thanks for any references.
October 9, 2007