Jezebel

If there are vertically merged cells, the Rows property is not valid; and
similarly, if horizontally merged then the Columns is invalid. You can test
the table's Uniform property if you need to check, or just trap the error.

This is one instance (the only one that I know of, in fact) where the
Selection object provides a function not available wsith Range objects. Even
when there are merged cells, you can still select columns and rows using the
mouse ...

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Jezebel,

No I wasn't aware at the time. I only tested with a very simple table.
It seems that one should be able to select rows above and below merged
vertical cells and run a similiar routine but how doesn't seem to be
readily apparent. Hmmm.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Jezebel wrote:
That's more elegant in that it doesn't muck up the order of rows. Are
you aware that it will fail if the table has vertically merged cells?
(Which is, to be sure, an unlikely circumstance in this case.)

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Yes that would work.

You could stick your cursor in the table and run this macro:
Sub ScratchMacro()

Dim oTbl As Table
Dim oRow As Row
Dim oCell As Cell
Dim bNotEmpty As Boolean

Set oTbl = Selection.Tables(1)
bNotEmpty = False
For Each oRow In oTbl.Rows
For Each oCell In oRow.Cells
If Len(oCell.Range.Text) 2 Then
bNotEmpty = True
Exit For
End If
Next
If bNotEmpty = False Then oRow.Delete
bNotEmpty = False
Next

End Sub
--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Jezebel wrote:
Sort the table. Then all the empty rows will fall together and you
can delete them all at once.

"Ginger" wrote in message
How ould I remove all empty rows within a table without having to
select each
one?