FatFingers666 FatFingers666 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Mid North, South Australia
Default Uncovering secrets in Word 365 for Mac.

I use MS Office 365 Personal on my Mac M1, OS 12.5. I've used MS Word on Macs since around 1997 and on PC's before that. (I could never happily embrace Apple's "Pages" and still can't!) Up until 2021 no great dramas and I adapted to the ever changing 'improvements'. I now find lots of functions in Word have changed (?) and I'm left scratching my head as what applied in the past is no longer producing the result/s I expect and want.

I write essays and such, usually one document to a page. I am rather a heathen when it comes to saving but have various "homes" for differing subjects. This has become rather messy of late and I seem to have lost the plot. I need to understand the protocols of hierarchal folder and file saving.

I seek help on 2 questions:

1: Where and what can I look for to learn about the protocols of saving ?

2: Occasionally, I open a past .doc/.docx, copy the info and paste to a new .doc and/or add to an existing .docx.
Sometimes, the pasted info on the 2nd .docx appears inside a text box. The text box effectively prevents any editing. I would love to know why this text box appears as the original did not have it.

Can anyone enlighten me please ?

FatFingers