Ha! Who'd'a thunk that was the required option? I tested Tools | Options |
the "Show ScreenTips on toolbars" one.

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote in message
Ah! Okay, I understand now...

Click Tools Customize Options and check the option for "Show
Tooltips on Toolbars." That'll cause the page numbers to display when
you drag the scroll button up/down.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:46:05 -0700,
wrote:

Suzanne,

The page number when I "drag the elevator" is what I'm looking for. It

used
to work but now it does not.

Regards,

Ruth

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't get page numbers/headings when I click on the vertical scroll

bar,
but I do get them (in ScreenTips) when I drag the elevator.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ruth" wrote in message
I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar.

Now
it
is gone. How do I get it back?